Cosmetic dentistry has become very popular in recent years, due to the many advances in cosmetic dental procedures and materials, as well as people’s increased focus on improving their overall health. This includes disease prevention and having a healthier, whiter, more radiant smile. Discolored, chipped, misshapen, or missing teeth can affect your confidence and the way others perceive you. Koopah & Koopah is devoted to the art and science of restoring and enhancing the natural beauty of your smile. We offer whitening, bonding, crowns, veneers, reshaping, and dental implants, and use state-of-the-art procedures that result in beautiful, long-lasting smiles.
How can cosmetic dentistry help improve the appearance of my smile?
Many cosmetic dental procedures are available to improve your teeth and enhance your smile. These include:
- Teeth whitening: Bleaching lightens teeth that have been stained or discolored by age, food, drinking, and smoking.
- Composite (tooth-colored) fillings: Also known as “bonding,” composite fillings are now widely used instead of amalgam (silver) fillings. These tooth-colored fillings are also used to repair chipped, broken, or discolored teeth, fill in gaps, and protect sensitive, exposed root surfaces.
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers are thin, custom-made, tooth-colored shells that are bonded onto the fronts of teeth to help restore or camouflage damaged, discolored, poorly shaped, or misaligned teeth. They are very durable and will not stain.
- Porcelain Crowns (caps): A crown is a tooth-colored, custom-made covering that encases the entire tooth surface, restoring it to its original shape and function.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are artificial roots that are surgically placed into the jaw to replace one or more missing teeth. Porcelain crowns, bridges, and dentures can be made specifically to fit and attach to implants, as a substitute for removable dentures and appliances.
- Orthodontics: Less visible, more effective braces, as well as custom-made, clear, removable aligners, have made straightening teeth with orthodontics more appealing to adult patients.
What can I do about stained or discolored teeth?
Many products and methods are available to achieve a brighter smile.
Professional teeth whitening (or bleaching) is a simple, non-invasive dental treatment used to change the color of natural tooth enamel. It’s important to have your teeth evaluated by your dentist to determine if you’re a good candidate for bleaching. Over-the-counter products are also available, but they are much less effective than professional treatments. If bleaching doesn't resolve the color, there are other options such as bonding and veneers to treat the stained, discolored teeth.
How do you detect conditions that may affect the look of my teeth?
We evaluate every patient's teeth thoroughly each time the person comes in for care. We focus on diagnosing tooth wear and tear early—when they're first starting to become discolored—so we can better take care of your teeth and treat things earlier rather than later. When tooth wear and tear goes untreated, the integrity of your teeth becomes compromised, and many health issues can arise. We work to keep you healthy (and your smile bright!) every time we see you.